Due to the current Coraonavirus crisis, all our events are postponed until further notice. We will update you once things change.
EVENTS FOR 2020
Conservation & Sustainability in Wales
Flooglebinder in association with SOuL are running a Wales Teacher programme from Friday 27th to Sunday 29th March 2020. This will focus on CPD, teamwork, sustainability and mental health.
Educating for Character Masterclasses
TEACHING WITH TLC
Resilience, confidence, collaboration and communication are top of the list of qualities required in school and the world of work. In a complex and rapidly changing workplace there’s a greater need than ever to support the development of critical life skills that pupil’s will need to tackle the problems of the 21st century. We call this ‘Teaching with TLC’ (Team work, Leadership and Communication) skills.
Over the course of this 1 day event we will explore the principles, strategies and activities to guarantee powerful outdoor learning experiences to promote personal and social development in young people.
You will get the following:
- The confidence around what to do and how to do it
- Our 3 step process for structuring sessions that guarantees learning
- Active and creative reflection strategies to extract powerful learning
- Getting to grips with mechanics of experiential activities
We will explore the following questions and themes:
- Where is the learning transfer? What are the benefits and applications in other areas of school life?
- How do we map these skills across our whole curriculum and find the relevance?
- How do we create progression?
- How can we create time to develop these skills?
- What would a mini award scheme look like and what skills would they be working on?
- The role of adult – what it is and how to do it, letting go
- Facilitation skills – what is it how does it differ to teaching?
- Structuring a powerful learning experience
- Building rapport and awakening enthusiasm for learning
- Scenario clinic – overcoming the different challenges that groups present, high flyers, low achievers, passivity, challenging behaviour
- Teaming & collaboration – what is it, what does good look like, how can we generate learning in this area?
- The art of active reviewing – techniques and tactics to elicit reflection and powerful learning
- Empowerment – creating a learning environment that encourages ownership and responsibility
- Capturing the learning
- Leadership – what is it and how to teach it
- Variations and adaptations of tasks to suit ability
4th June 2020, 09:30 – 16:30
St. Neot’s Preparatory School, St. Neot’s Road, Eversley, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 0PN
£158 + VAT